Hey there and welcome to my blog. You probably came here from my Twitter, so to get you started here is a selection of the articles I would say are the best/most interesting here in this blog. Just have a look and maybe you’ll find something you are interested in. Or in case you just want to explore yourself click here to get to the start page. Journalists and media people might want to read this.
Interesting blog posts
- Satellite images – Recap 2018
As the title implies, a selection of some of the more interesting images I processed in 2018.
- Satellite Image Guide for Journalists and Media
A small guide on how to use satellite images in media publications, answering some of the most common questions.
- Visualizing Wildfires and Burn Scars with the Sentinel Hub EO Browser V2
A script for the Sentinel Hub EO Browser to visualize wildfires and burn scars. Can be used for a lot of other things as well, give it a try!
- Sentinel-3 data Visualization in EO Browser using a Custom Script
A script to create nice-looking natural color (and other) visualizations from Sentinel-3 data in the Sentinel Hub EO Browser
- Satellite images – Recap 2017
As the title implies, a selection of some of the more interesting images I processed in 2017.
- Hurricane Jose as seen by Sentinel-2 – More than meets the Eye
A little bit of information on how the Sentinel-2 satellites are viewing Earth, and why pictures sometimes might look odd.
- Hurricane Maria Faux 3D Animation From a Single Image
Creating a faux 3D animation from a single image, neat visual effect with no real scientific value, still nice to look at.
- Before and After Images of the Greenland Wildfire in July/August 2017
Some information, including before/after images, of the 2017 Greenland wildfire near Sisimiut.
My work in other places
You can find some of my work in other places as well, here some of the more interesting things to read.
- Why Newsrooms need People with Expertise in Remote Sensing
Some thoughts on the use of satellite images in media and the need of expertise in newsrooms to avoid mistakes.
- What is a Nebula…Besides a Foggy Thing in Space
Some explanations on the different kind of nebulae you can see in space.
- The Thing with Colors in Astrophotography
Objects in space look very different in different images, especially the colors. What is the reason for that?
You can find almost all satellite images I process here on my Flickr. Here is a very small selection, click to enlarge.